18th March 2020 – Play your part!
Nominate your #RecyclingHeroes for a chance to win $1000
#RecyclingHeroes will showcase the important role recycling plays in contributing to an environmentally stable planet and greener future for all.
Created in 2018, the mission of Global Recycling Day, as set out by the Global Recycling Foundation, is twofold:
1. To tell world leaders that recycling is simply too important not to be a global issue and that a common, joined-up approach to recycling is urgently needed.
2. To ask people across the planet to think resource, not waste, when it comes to the goods around us, until this happens we simply won’t give recycled goods the true value and repurpose they deserve.
Alongside Global Recycling Day, the foundation is looking for the world’s #RecyclingHeroes. If you know an individual, organisation or community that is setting an example with recycling initiatives then nominate them today. Ten winners will receive a $1,000 prize to contribute to their recycling initiative, in addition, the Foundation will promote their work to audiences across the world. You can even nominate yourself!
The Foundation wants to celebrate the world’s #RecyclingHeroes. It wants to hear from people across the planet about what or who has inspired them with their recycling efforts!
How to enter
- Nominate your #RecyclingHeroes by 8th March 2020 by completing this online form in 100 words or less.
- Share your #RecyclingHeroes nominee on Instagram or Twitter and use the hashtag #RecyclingHeroes and #GlobalRecyclingDay. For Instagram posts, please include a photo of your choice, i.e an image of your nominee, or a recycling-related image
- Be following @GlbRecyclingDay on Twitter and @globalrecyclingday on Instagram
After the closing date, the Global Recycling Foundation team will recognise the top 100 #RecyclingHeroes. From them, ten winners from across the world will each win $1000. The ten winners will jointly represent the following regions: North America, Central & South America, Europe, Africa and Australasia.
Winners will be announced on Global Recycling Day, Wednesday 18th March 2020.