The Big Channel Islands Beach Clean will start today. Volunteers will be removing litter from beaches across all five of the islands over the weekend.
Last year, the event attracted almost 600 volunteers, and the team says it hopes to beat that this year. A beach clean is a great way to give some time for the environment in the new year – maybe it will inspire people to go plastic free and encourage people to reduce their waste too.
We hope that by organising our beach cleans for the start of the year we may inspire people to commit to helping protect our planet in the long term, with an environmental resolution such as giving up single-use plastic, reducing their home waste, driving less or volunteering for wildlife.
We would encourage anyone unable to make their organised cleans to try and do their own two minute beach clean or land-based litter pick if they are out walking.
- Friday 11th January, 2pm – Braye Beach
- Saturday 12th January, 2pm – Platte Saline & Crabby
- Sunday 13th January, 2pm – Longis
- Saturday 12th January, 10:30am – Rousse
- Saturday 12th January, 12:30pm – Belle Greve
- Saturday 12th January, 2:30pm – Pezeries
- Sunday 13th January – whole island clean!
- Saturday 12th January, 2pm – Ouaisne Bay
- Sunday 13th January, 2pm – L’Etacq
- Sunday 13th January – Dixcart Bay